Well, if you all remember I wrote about my Julep Maven box on Friday, but today I’m here to talk about my March Birchbox and Ipsy bag! I haven’t used any of the products yet because I didn’t want to open anything before I took pictures, so there won’t be any reviews.. just a description of what’s in the box!
1. Nick Chavez Beverly Hills Color-Saver Sulfate Free Shampoo ($22 full size) – This is a super gentle shampoo that’s supposed to clean your hair without stripping it of it’s moisture and color. It uses tea antioxidants and lemon/apple extracts.
2. Whish Shave Crave Shaving Cream ($20 full size) – It’s all natural and it doesn’t foam up like regular shaving creams, it’s supposed to go on like thick cream. It’s scented with blueberry, pomegranate, almond and lavender (it seriously smells SO good).
3. Madewell Nail Emery Board ($5 each) – It has a rough side and soft side – and seriously, can you ever have too many nail files??
4. MAKE Face Primer ($30 full size) – It’s moisturizing, skin perfecting AND contains SPF 30. Honestly, I love any and all face primers.
5. MAKE Matte Finish Eyeshadow ($18 full size) – I don’t know the name of the color I received (I think it’s Cement) but it’s a medium grey and I’m super excited to use it. This eye shadow is supposedly crease-resistant and long lasting.
Overall, I’m satisfied with this month’s box. There’s nothing that particularly pops out and makes me go “WOW!” but there’s nothing I’m really disappointed in. ((All the above descriptions were summarized from the Birchbox website. Links provided.))
1. All Ipsy bags come in a little makeup bag and this one is TOO CUTE! It’s navy blue and white with ropes and boat anchors. Adorable. This month’s theme was the Great Escape with a cute beachy, vacation theme.
2. LA Fresh Travel Lite Makeup Remover Wipes ($1.49 for 8 wipes) – This is pretty self-explanatory. And who doesn’t love makeup wipes? Enter “IPSY13” at checkout for 30% off beauty wipes until 4/15/13.
3. Juice Beauty Hydrating Mist ($22 full size) – This product is actually for your skin. The website said it’s nourishing and moisturizing. And it smells good! I’m a little excited to try this actually. Enter “GLAM20” at checkout for 20% off $30 or more until 4/15/13.
4. GlamRX Mini Freestyle Palette ($16.50 for the Touch Up Palette) – So the mini palette I received is just a magnetic case with a mirror. On the actual website, it comes with a brightening concealer, lip balm, shine erase powder, and black eyeliner AND an empty layer below it for your little magnetic eye shadow pots. Seriously, this is adorable. I’m not impressed with my mini palette, but this one is SO CUTE! Enter “IPSY” at checkout for 20% off until 4/15/13.
5. YABY Eye Shadow Refill ($3.29 each) – I received 2 different colors – one is a dark teal and the other is a really light tan (it looks yellow in the picture). I’m not sure I’d use either color, but they’re magnetic and fit nicely in the GlamRX Palette. Enter “ipsyglam20130325” at checkout for 25% off your purchase until 4/15/13.
So honestly, I was severely disappointed in this bag. The actual makeup bag is cute. Yeah, I’ll use the makeup wipes and I’ll probably use the hydrating mist (or at least try it), but I just didn’t feel like there was anything I really liked or couldn’t live without. So disappointed! Hopefully next month is better. ((All links provided will take you to the actual website of the product.))